Veterinary care involves data collection that gives us a view of your pet’s overall health and wellness. Diagnostics is integral to our treatment care plan, and we have established our Pasadena animal hospital with the technologies our patients need for convenience and efficiency.
Our on-site laboratory is capable of processing a number of routine screenings, such as blood panels and urine analysis. Results are typically available within just a few minutes. Additional diagnostics include:
- Blood pressure equipment
- Ultrasound diagnostics, which allow us to observe the abdomen and chest clearly
- Advanced ultrasound may be used to observe the kidneys, bladder, and other organs
- Digital x-ray equipment for dental and medical assessment
- IV catheterization for fluid and medication administration during procedures and hospitalization
- Appropriate feline and canine testing kits for conditions such as heartworm, feline leukemia, and more
- Blood glucose testing
- Video otoscope instrumentation to view the ears thoroughly
- Tonometery to assess the eyes for evidence of glaucoma
- EKG testing sent directly to a cardiologist for review and recommendations
Ultrasounds can be performed at our practice. We can provide a quick ultrasound for patients right away for a quick assessment in emergency situations. However, for more thorough ultrasounds with a full report, we call in an ultrasonographer. An ultrasonographer is a professional who specializes in thorough ultrasound services that are beyond the scope of what we can provide on a regular basis. If you are interested in scheduling your pet for an ultrasound, please call in advance to schedule an appointment with our ultrasonographer associate.
In addition to our on-site laboratory, we send many specimens for advanced analysis at an off-site facility. Specimens that are sent to this facility are typically processed within 24 to 48 hours.
Digital x-ray imaging provides a clear view of the bones, and also of the lungs and the heart. This enables us to evaluate the integrity of organs, the intestines, bladder, and abdomen.
Understanding the importance of prompt, convenient care for pets, Petsadena also has an on-site pharmacy where you can obtain prescriptions right away. If your pet is given a new prescription, our medical team will consult with you about administration, possible drug interactions, and potential side effects to watch for.
If you have questions regarding the services or technology in our Pasadena veterinary clinic, we are happy to speak with you. It is our goal to create trusting, long-term relationships with our patients and their families. For further information, call (626) 441-1137.