Are you looking for a vet for that new pet? Getting a new pet is an amazing experience! We think of it as the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship. Part of that friendship involves caring for and keeping your animal healthy. Petsadena Animal Hospital, located in Pasadena, CA, is a great place to come. We offer services from the preventative level all the way through medical care for your pet. This includes annual check-ups and affordable pet vaccines.
Why your pet needs vaccines:
Vaccines are inoculations against contagious, possibly fatal diseases. A vaccination will trigger an immune response which prepares your pet’s immune system to fight off the disease should they encounter it. Vaccines have helped make previously common animal diseases rare these days.
Some major diseases that vaccines protect against for dogs:
- Parvovirus: This potentially lethal disease causes vomiting, diarrhea, and white blood cell destruction.
- Distemper: Also potentially fatal, this can cause vomiting, diarrhea, pneumonia, and seizures
- Rabies: A central nervous system disease that can spread to the human population. There is no cure for rabies.
Some major diseases that vaccines protect against for cats:
- Panleukopenia: This life-threatening disease causes diarrhea, dehydration, vomiting, and low white blood cell count.
- Feline leukemia virus: Results in chronic immune suppression and can lead to cancer.
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), a retroviral disease that suppresses the immune system.
Why choose us for your pet’s care?
- We are locally owned and operated. Many vet facilities are now corporate and focus less on the individual pets and more on quantity.
- We see you and your pet as a relationship to foster and help. Because of this we always take the time to thoroughly educate you on the best ways to care for and grow that bond.
Call us today to schedule an appointment. (626) 414-5919.