In the last few years, more medical professionals are advocating acupuncture as an adjunct to traditional Western medicine. What many people don’t realize is the benefits of acupuncture extend to helping our furry friends. At Petsadena Animal Hospital, located in Pasadena, CA, our focus is always on finding the best treatment for each individual pet. That’s why we’re proud to offer acupuncture for your pets!
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years, primarily as a Chinese healing art. Many see use it to relieve pain. However, acupuncture also boosts the immune system and improves organ functions. It eliminates the side effects associated with traditional medication. Acupuncture for animals uses needles that are thinner and shorter than the ones used for humans. These needles are inserted into specific points on the body. Acupuncture releases endorphins which help control pain, and provides increased oxygen and blood flow.
Conditions acupuncture can help with:
- For older animals suffering arthritis pain.
- Replaces surgery for elderly animal patients.
- Muscle spasms and weakness
- Disk problems.
- Digestive problems.
- Chronic kidney disease or other kidney problems.
- Respiratory problems.
- Manual: Dry needles are inserted by hand into the skin. This is the method most commonly used.
- Aqua-puncture: Needles contain medicines or vitamin solutions that are injected into the body through the tips.
- Needles with electricity: Electrodes are used to enhance nerve stimulation with tiny amounts of electricity.
- Moxibustion: Traditional warming Chinese herbs are used with the needles to provide heat to help stimulate healing.
We cherish the relationships we build with our patients and their owners. Our personal relationships with your pets mean that we want them to live long, healthy, and happy lives. Contact us if you want a vet willing to build a lifelong relationship with your pet. Call (626) 441-1137 today.